Good Questions: Cake Stand Planter

Good Questions: Cake Stand Planter

Grace Shu
Dec 13, 2007

AT:LA reader Smita asks us:

What is that blue thing under the vase called? Where can I find it?
Any pointers about where to find the vase would be helpful as well.


Dear Smita,

We're 99.9% sure it's a cake stand--and 60% sure it's vintage. And we're 100% sure that we love this alternate use as a plant pedestal. We found some similar items on eBay (like here and here). But if you're looking for something newer, there's also the classic cake stand from Nigella Lawson (comes in beautiful robin's egg blue!) or Martha Stewart's version in cream.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.
moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt