Green, all around!
These purdy birdies are for sale at Branch in the standard Christmas colors: two shades of green, white, and red. They may not be as whimsical as the handmade felt birds Heather posted about yesterday but they are made from "eco-certified felted wool" so even the red and white ones are green.
In fact, because they're so simple, they could make an easy (no-needle-required) DIY...
1. Buy some felt (eco-friendly, if you can find it) and some pretty ribbon or twine. Gather your scissors and a marker.
2. Draw and cut out a stencil of the bird torso (head and tail feathers) from some thin cardboard you have lying around. Play with body to wing ratio and then cut out a stencil for the wings.
3. Make two small slits in the torso piece: one for the wings to squeeze through and one to accommodate the ribbon.
4. Fold the wings to fit through the slit and run the ribbon through the ribbon hole.
5. Voila! Instant felt bird ornaments to hang wherever your heart desires!
Or...you could buy a couple at Branch for $18 for a set of two.